universal life church, ulc ministers network, archives, forum

House Cleansing

Tue, Jan 17 2012 04:25am EST 1
Pastor Brian Linebarger
Pastor Brian Linebarger
47 Posts

We have the great videos from Brother Konkler, and I thought I would share an outline of the ceremony (for lack of a better word) that I have always used, as well as the steps needed to cast unclean spirits out of a home. I say outline because it is, of course, modified to fit your needs. A word of caution: I do not suggest that anyone attempt to perform ANY TYPE of exorcism unless/until they are ready both spiritually and physically. This IS NOT something that should be attempted by new Christians or new Ministers. Ideally, you would want to learn from a Minister who is experienced in this area. ALL CHRISTIANS are given power and authority over any unclean spirit through the blood of Jesus, but that does not mean that there is not an element of danger to this practice, and also if you are not spiritually prepared, it will not be effective, and could result in the spirit attaching itself to you or another person who does not know The Lord.

Prior to the cleansing

Meet with the family somewhere other than the home to be cleansed. Your Church, your home, even a coffee chop or restaurant will do. Most times it is much easier for the family/occupants to talk about what is going on when they are away from the oppression of the home. During this meeting ask deep questions. These WILL get personal (questions about mental illness, family history of mental illness, activities that have been going on in the house etc.) If it makes them more comfortable talking about certain things, meet with the family members one on one. Assure them that you are bound by sacred oath to not reveal their secrets (except in certain extreme cases. Check Federal/State/Local laws for info. In California for example, Ministers are considered "mandated reporters" when it come to child abuse and/or neglect). Make sure they understand that by asking these questions you ARE NOT accusing them of having a mental illness, and that you DO believe them, but that you need to know the entire history so that you know what you are dealing with.

Spend some time in the home yourself. As a Christian Minister, you will be able to discern the spirits that are in the home and get a rough idea of how many there are. If you are unable to discern anything there, ask another Christian Minister to go in with you a second time. If neither of you can pick up anything, then there may be other causes.

The day of the cleansing

Make yourself ready: Prayer and fasting. I spend at least an hour prior to the cleansing in prayer. In addition to this I fast prior to the cleansing. The time of fasting depends on when it is done. I at the least fast from Midnight the night before until after the cleansing is done.

Prepare your ceremony, including any scripture readings that you plan to do.
If you are going to use Holy Water and/or annointing iol, make sure you have an adequate supply.

The Ceremony Itself

Below is the text of the ceremony that I use. The fist part is said with all family members present in the living room/other room where the family spends time together.

The second part is said as I go room to room. I personally annoint the doorways with Holy Water prior to going in.

The third part is done after your have gone room to room. I assemble the family again, for the last part.

Some Other Things To Consider

If possible you may want to have another person assist you. This person MUST be a strong Christian (preferably another Minister).

The family may want to be with you as you do the cleanising. Here you have to use Spiritual discernment. If the spirits in the house are nasty, you will want to tell the family to wait outside. Remember, these things WILL NOT be happy about being forced to leave.

Gob bless and please dont hesitate to share ideas. Also should you have questions or need help, please post them.

In the Name of Jesus ,and by the power of His Blood and His Cross, and the Holy Spirit that raised Him from the dead and now dwells within us, I take authority over all spirits in this home. I take authority over you by the power of Jesus Christ who dwells within me, and I bind your tongue and command you to speak only to me and only when spoken to. You have stolen from this family, but you will steal no longer! In fact, you will repay sevenfold what you have taken. That includes sevenfold time, energy, money, health and anything else stolen from God's children.

By the power given to me by Jesus Christ, I hereby break all curses, hexes, or spells, of any kind, I curse and break the hold of any witchcraft or occult activity that have been invited into this house or has ever dwelled upon this land. Whether on purpose or by accident from the time this land was formed by the hand of God until the time that this land passes away by that same hand. No longer will you have any claim on this home or land. You will leave and you will never return. You will not go into any living being that is anywhere near, you are cursed and sent to the pit that has been prepared for you never again to return to this earth.

No longer will any spirit demonic or otherwise be allowed to exist within these walls. I now claim the protection of the Blood of Jesus Christ that was freely shed once and for all over this house and grounds, and over every person living here

Any spirit who inhabits this room, I command you now to leave. By the power and the authority given to me by Jesus Christ and his blood that was shed, you will go now and never return.

Lord Jesus, we thank you that through faith in you, you make us all members of your eternal family. We give thanks for all the love that you send to draw us all together, to heal us of any affliction. Fill this house with your divine presence . Pour out your love to deepen the fellowship shared here. Let your wisdom guide them, your trust free them, and your peace bless them. In your mighty name we pray, Amen

We dedicate this home to love and understanding.

We dedicate this home to work, and rest and play.

We dedicate this home to life in you.

We dedicate this home to cooperation. May its duties be performed in love, its furnishings bear witness that the work of others ministers to our comfort, and its table remind us that God works with us for the supply of daily needs.

We dedicate this home to the appreciation of all things good and true. .

We dedicate this home as a unit in the Church universal, an instrument of the Kingdom of God, a place of worship and Christian training and a threshold to the life eternal.

Thu, Jun 7 2012 09:56am EDT 2
Father Alexander LaFountain O.S.M., Exorcist
Father Alexander LaFountain O.S.M., Exorcist
2 Posts
I like this ritual, I'm going to go ahead and write it down and use it next time a demonic case rears up in my area. I'll let you know then how it went lol. Again I do like this, but I do have a question concering the lines, " By the power given to me by Jesus Christ, I hereby break all curses, hexes, or spells, of any kind, I curse and break the hold of any witchcraft or occult activity that have been invited into this house or has ever dwelled upon this land. Whether on purpose or by accident from the time this land was formed by the hand of God until the time that this land passes away by that same hand. No longer will you have any claim on this home or land. You will leave and you will never return. You will not go into any living being that is anywhere near, you are cursed and sent to the pit that has been prepared for you never again to return to this earth."

What if there was never any occult activity reported in the home? Should we still use this part? Or would you suggest changing it to fit the issues in the home? I'm just curious and looking for advice is all.
Sun, Sep 23 2012 04:37pm EDT 3
Aaron Michael Dove
Aaron Michael Dove
2 Posts
Alexander,
I would recommend leaving it in. There is never any way of being certain that no occult activity has transpired on the property. It is better to be safe, and cover all of the bases, than sorry, by leaving something out.
Best regards,
+Aaron Michael
Fri, Feb 15 2013 07:42pm EST 4
Ingo Weyer
Ingo Weyer
4 Posts
For blessings in general I experienced thet the Roman Benedictional is a very usefull source. It contains blessings for the most situations in the life if a congregation.

Please login or sign up to post on this network.
Click here to sign up.

Click Here For The Official ULC Webstore & Latest in Ministry Products
Copyright ©1996-2014 Universal Life Church World Headquarters, Inc. Boca Raton, FL. 33431 USA